1. What type of certification is required for the documents?

An official certification must include the following:
• a statement specifying that the copy corresponds to the original (this statement must be written in German, English or French)
• a signature on behalf of the authority issuing the certification
• an official stamp
The official stamp should usually contain an emblem – a stamp showing only text is not sufficient. If a copy has several pages, it must be shown that each page is part of the same certificate. It is sufficient for the statement and signature to be included on only one page, provided that all pages are placed on top of one another, stapled together and stamped in such a way that part of the official stamp is visible on each page. Each page may also be certified individually. If this is the case, please ensure that your name is specified on each page of the original document. If this is not the case, it should be included in the statement. Statements must also include a comment on the type of certificate.
If a page is printed on both sides and the content of both sides is relevant, the statement must refer to both sides (for example: “Hiermit wird amtlich beglaubigt, dass die vor-/umstehende Kopie mit dem Original übereinstimmt” or “It is hereby certified that the copy above and overleaf corresponds to the original”). If this is not the case, both sides must be certified individually.
If the original document contains an embossed seal, this will usually not be visible on the copy. In this case, the statement should also specify that an embossed seal is present on the original certificate.
Documents cannot be accepted if the certification does not meet the requirements.

2. Which type of funding opportunities for international master students is available at FAU?

Unfortunately, unlike some other countries, German universities do not have any funding available to support international students with their living costs. For this reason, international students usually receive scholarships from their home country or use their own funds to finance their studies.

Addition information